Thread: The Witcher quits by giving black screen

The Witcher quits by giving black screen

I am having a problem with a game called The Witcher, that I have installed in my system recently. The issue that I am facing is that The Witcher quits by giving black screen. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I am using Windows 7 operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. I also need to know the system requirements of this game. Please provide some help soon.

Re: The Witcher quits by giving black screen

If The Witcher quits by giving black screen, then I suppose that the game must have not installed successfully in the system. So, I suggest you that you uninstall the game and then, reinstall the same. Make sure that no other programs and applications are running in the background of the installation process. This is because such problems of black screen are caused due to installation errors.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

It is also possible that The Witcher quits by giving black screen because the game is incompatible with this particular operating system that you are using. Windows 7 has incompatibility issues with many of the games, applications and programs, that used to run fine in the older versions of Windows. This is why the experts recommend that the upgradation or installation of Windows 7 must be avoided.

Given below are the system requirements of The Witcher:
    • Operating systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Vista
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+ or better
    • RAM: 2 GB or more
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO or better
    • Hard Disk: 8.5 GB or more free
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    • DirectX 9.0c

So, The Witcher quits by giving black screen because any one of the above mentioned components must be lagging behind. Check out the same and fix it.

I advice you to set the system in the compatibility mode with the help of the "troubleshoot compatibility" if The Witcher quits by giving black screen. Here, you will have to mention the problems that you are finding when the game runs in the operating system. It is also possible for the system to find out the errors that the game is having with Windows 7. If you find that the settings are fine, then dont forget to apply them for the future.

To get rid of issues like The Witcher quits by giving black screen, it is recommended that the users who use the Windows 7 operating system must make the computer a dual boot system, that is using another operating system along with Windows 7. I suggest that you must use Windows XP, since it has no incompatibility issues as such. You can start Windows XP to solve the issues like the one that you are facing.