Thread: Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight does not work in Windows 7

Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight does not work in Windows 7

Hello there, I have recently upgraded my computer and still I am facing some problems while playing some games. The computer has Intel quad core processor and 2 gb RAM with Nvidia graphic card support. The operating system on my computer is Windows 7. I installed Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight on my computer but I am not able to play the game. Whenever I start the game, it loads upto the main menu and then quits to desktop. This happens everytime I run the game. Also some games lag on the computer. I can understand why Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight does not work in Windows 7 as I used to play the game on my old computer running on Windows Xp. Therefore please suggest some solutions for the problems which I am facing.

Re: Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight does not work in Windows 7

All the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system are not supported by Windows 7 operating system. If the game is not supported then the game will not work properly. The list of all the games which are supported by the Windows 7 operating system is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by the operating system. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Multicore processors are not typically meant for running gaming applications. Multicore processors have more than one processing core. All the cores start processing the application at the same time. If a gaming application is started on the multicore processor then the game will lag. Therefore you will have to disable the extra processing cores of the processor. To disable the extra processing cores, start the game and open the task manager. Right click on the process of the game and select set affinity. Remove the check mark from extra processing cores and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game lags.

All the applications that are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the game is corrupt or missing on the system, then the game will not work properly. Replacing all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system will solve the problem. Uninstall the installed game from the computer and remove all the files/keys related to the game from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, restart the computer and reinstall the game. See if the game works properly on the computer.

The versions of the operating systems which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode. Compatibility mode can be used to run the applications which work in older versions of the operating system. As the game used to run properly in Windows XP, try running the game in compatibility mode. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and go to properties. Select the option which says "Run this game in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Apply the settings and see if the game is working or not.

If the configuration of the graphic card is conflicting with the graphic settings of the game then the game will not work properly. Nvidia graphic cards are pre-configured to run all the high end graphics editing applications. These settings conflict with some games due to which the game does not work. You will have to configure the graphic card again to play the game properly. To configure the graphic card, open the graphic properties and click on Manage 3D settings. Now disable the following features of the graphic card :-
    1. Triple buffering
    2. Anistropic filtering.
    3. Vertical sync.
    After disabling the following features, save the configuration and see if the game works.

NOFpuXnk Guest

you just need the update patch.

Mostly everyone here seems very wrong. I just installed DF2:JK on my 64bit Win7 laptop.
    Go here:

http://www.jkhub.net/library/index.p...als:Install_JK

Follow the instructions to install the game. I also recommend Patch Commander (32 bit only) or the jkhubs program JKLauncher.

You CAN run JK under compatibility mode through windows 7 as Windows 98... but that's not necessary if you follow the instructions above.

Multi core processors have no problems whatsoever running games of any type.

Enjoy the old awesome game that almost made me fail college.