Thread: Error while launching Far Cry 2 in Windows 7

Error while launching Far Cry 2 in Windows 7

Hello, I have a desktop computer which is powered by Intel quad core processor and 2Gb of system memory. There is an Nvidia card installed on the computer and the operating system on the computer is Windows 7. I have recently installed Far Cry 2 on the computer but I am not able to play the game. I get error while launching Far Cry 2 in Windows 7. I cant figure out why I am getting this error as I think the configuration is good enough to run the game. The game used to work properly on my old computer which had ATI card and windows Xp operating system. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar problems then please share some information.

Re: Error while launching Far Cry 2 in Windows 7

Intel quad core processor is a Multicore processor. Multi core processor have more than one processing core which start processing the applications together. This creates problems while running certain games. Therefore you will have to disable all the extra processing cores of the processor while running the game. To disable all the extra processing cores of the processor, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the game process. Select Set affinity and remove all the extra processing cores and click ok. Resume the game and see the performance of the game.

Sometimes the configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the graphic settings of the game. If such a situation occurs then the game will not work properly. Nvidia cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics editing applications. These settings conflict with some games and hence the graphic card has to be configured again. Open the graphic properties and click on Manage 3D settings. Disable all the features listed below :-
    1. Triple buffering.
    2. Vertical sync.
    3. Anistropic filtering.
    After disabling all the features, save the settings and check if the game works.

There must be something wrong with the game version which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the game is corrupt or missing from the computer then the game will not work properly. You will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Uninstall the game from the computer and remove all the files/keys from the computer. After removing all the files from the computer, reboot the system and install the game again. See if the game works properly.

All the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system are not supported by Windows 7. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then the game will either not work properly on the system or will not work at all. The list of all the games which is supported by Windows 7 is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game is supported by the operating system. If the operating system does not supports the game then there is nothing much you can do about it.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Try running the game in compatibility mode. All the versions of the Windows operating system which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode. In compatibility mode, the applications which run in older versions of Windows can be used in latest versions of the operating system. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on game icon and select properties. Go to compatibility mode. Now select the option which says "Run this game in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Save and apply the settings. Start the game and see if the game works.