Thread: Microphone not working in Command and Conquer 4

Microphone not working in Command and Conquer 4

Hello folks, Today I installed Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight on my computer. The game runs smoothly on my computer but the Microphone is not working in Command and Conquer 4. I dont know if I had skipped any configuration option during installation because of which the microphone is not working. Therefore any suggestions regarding how to get the microphone working is really appreciated as co-operating without voice is very difficult. The following are the system specs :-
    Intel Quad core processor, 4gb RAM, ATI 4600 graphic card and the operating system on the computer is Windows 7.

Re: Microphone not working in Command and Conquer 4

Is it only the microphone or entire sound is not working? If it is game is running without sound then it definitely because of the sound drivers. The devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are missing then the device will not work properly. To check if the sound drivers are installed and working properly, right click on MY computer and then select Device manager. Highlight the installed sound adapter and check if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers and see if the sound and microphone are working.

Check if the Microphone is working properly or not? It is possible that the Microphone which you are using is faulty and hence it is not working in the game. It happens many times that the microphone which is attached to the headset develop faults and stop working. If such a situation occurs then the microphone will not be detected by the game. Therefore check if the microphone is working by recording some sound clip using Windows voice recorder. If the microphone is not working in the Windows voice recorder then replace the microphone as it is faulty.

Try running the game in compatibility mode. Some games do not work properly in Windows 7 due to which some features of the game are not available. For such games, enable the compatibility mode and then run the game. Compatibility mode helps the user to run the applications which used to run properly in earlier versions of the Windows operating system. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Select "Run this game in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Also click on run this application as administrator. Now save and apply the settings and run the game.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I checked the installed sound drivers on my computer and found that the drivers were missing. I downloaded the latest drivers which were available for the model of the motherboard which I am using and then installed it on the computer. Once the drivers were installed, the Microphone was detected and working but Now the game starts to lag after some time. So I want to know how to reduce lag while playing?

As you have mentioned that you are using Intel quad core processor which is a multi core processor. Multi core processors have multiple processing cores which start processing any application together which causes lag in some of the game. You will have to disable the extra processing cores while playing the game. To disable the extra processing cores while playing, start the game and then open task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from all the extra processors and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game lags.