Thread: Fix Command and Conquer 4 frequent Crash

Satyrs Guest

Fix Command and Conquer 4 frequent Crash

Hi,
    I had installed Command and Conquer 4 on my Windows XP Computer. At first the game was installed properly. As I reboot the system. But when I launch the game after showing up the menu the game crashed. I had tried to play the game again but as the game launches it shows the loading file screen and the crashed. I have end the process from Task Manager. How to deal with this.

Re: Fix Command and Conquer 4 frequent Crash

I had too faced a similar issue on Windows Vista. The game first work extremely slow and lagging screen. Then I checked the system requirement which shows that it needs a 3GB RAM minimum to run the game. That was low on my computer. I upgraded the system and the game then works fine. I think you must first check your system configuration. May be your hardware does not fulfill the requirement.

Do this first check out which graphic card you are using. Go on the official site and update the latest drivers for the GPU.In most of the cases the game crashes due to outdated graphic drivers. This outdated graphic drivers are not capable of rendering the latest graphic output. A proper upgradation of drivers can fix the matter. Try this and then check back.
    C&C4 launcher is not working

Check your system for the version of Direct X support. It is very important for rendering the graphics of the game. You must have the latest version of Direct X on your computer. You can check out your version by clicking on Start > Run. Then type dxdiag and hit enter. In the first windows in the button you can see the version of your Direct X . The latest version of it is Direct X 11.

I will recommend you to first completely uninstall the game. Then re-install it back. There might be some corrupt file which is causing the game to crash. Just re-install once and try back. If you are using a pirated version of a game then there is no solution for you because they are patched games with modified files. You can do nothing here other than trying the demo from the official site.

May be your firewall is causing issue in the game. Here what happened in my case is that I had installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. After that when I run the game it crashed out with a error. I a forum I found that disabling the firewall of antivirus can make this thing work. And that solution really worked here. After disabling the firewall the game loaded properly.