Thread: Alien Vs Predator 2 game not working in Windows 7

Alien Vs Predator 2 game not working in Windows 7

Hello there, I have recently bought a desktop computer which has Intel quad core processor and a Nvidia graphic card. On this computer, I installed Alien vs Predator 2 game but it is not working properly. The operating system on the computer is Windows 7. Whenever I start the game, the game works for sometime and then returns to main menu. Also the game lags alot while playing. I used to play the same game on my old computer which had Windows XP operating system and an ATI graphic card. Therefore if anybody can explain me why Alien Vs Predator 2 game is not working in Windows 7, it would be really. Thanks in advance.

Re: Alien Vs Predator 2 game not working in Windows 7

All the game which are supported by Windows Xp are not supported by Windows 7 operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. There is a list on the official microsoft website which lists all the games which are supported by the Windows 7 operating system. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is in the list. If the game is not in the list then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I think there is something wrong with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer, have a lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application gets corrupt or is missing on the computer then the application will not work properly. The only way to solve the problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Uninstall the current installed game from the computer and remove all the keys/files from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, reinstall the game and see if the game works properly.

Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics editing applications smoothly. These settings may create problems while running some games on the computer. If the configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the graphics settings of the game then the game will not run properly. To solve such problem, you will have to reconfigure the graphic card. To configure the graphic card, open the graphic properties and then click on Manage 3D settings. Disable the following features of the graphic card.
    • Triple buffering
    • Vertical sync
    • Anistropic filtering
    Save and apply the settings and check if the game is working properly.

I was also facing the same problem while playing Alien vs predator 2 on my computer which is running on Windows 7. The game used to exit to main menu while playing. I tried to search solution and finally found out that there is one patch which needs to be installed on the computer so that the game works properly. Go to the official website of the developer and download the patch for the game. Once the patch is downloaded, install it in the directory of the game. After installing the patch, see if you are able to play the game or not.