Thread: Assassins creed II on Steam

Assassins creed II on Steam

This is really frustrating as I am not able to play Assassins creed II on Steam. I purchased the game online and installed it on the computer but Steam does not allow me to play the game. Whenever I start the game from Steam, it gives error message saying "Pre-loading complete --- The game is unreleased". I get this error everytime I start the game from Steam. Are there any special steps to be followed to play Assassins creed II on Steam? Please help.
    The operating system on the computer is Windows 7 if it is of any use.

Re: Assassins creed II on Steam

You must have first installed the demo version of the game on the Steam and hence it is not allowing you to play the game. There is some problem with the updating mechanism of Steam because of which when the full version of the game is installed on the demo version then the steam does not auto update itself and hence when the steam gives you the error, quit the steam application and then let the count down timer reach 0. Once the timer reaches 0, try and start the game from Steam. It will run.

I think there must be some problem with the game which you have installed. All the files associated to the game must not be copied on the computer because of which the game is not running. I would suggest you to uninstall the current installed version of the game from the computer and remove all the files and keys related to the game from the computer. Once all the traces of the game are removed from the computer, reinstall the game and see if the game works properly or not. Reinstalling the game should do the trick.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system. Therefore try running the game in compatibility mode. In compatibility mode, the applications which used to work properly on the earlier versions of Windows operating systems can be used on the latest version of the operating system. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select the option which says "Run the application in compatibility mode" and select Windows Xp. Save the settings and then try to run the game from steam.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I started steam and waited for the counter to reach 0, then I started the game and It really worked. I was able to play the game without any problem but now I want to change the location of the installed game on my computer. For that I will have to reinstall the game again but I dont know the CD key and hence cannot do it. So is there any way in which the CD key of the game can be seen.

Good to hear that the solution worked for you. Yes there are many ways in which the CD key for the installed game can be seen. The simplest way of seeing the CD key of the installed game is to Start Steam and let it load and connect to the remote server. Once steam is connected to the remote server, go to the installed game section and locate the icon of Assassins creed II. Now right click on the game icon and select View CD-Key. Now the CD key will be visible, note it down and keep it. By using this method you can see CD key of all the games which are installed on Steam.