Thread: Asheron's Call loses connectivity in Windows 7

Asheron's Call loses connectivity in Windows 7

Please help me in solving this issue. I have recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop and I am facing some issues with it. I used to play Asheron's call on the same laptop which had Windows XP operating system but now after operating system upgrade I am not able to play the game. The game gets disconnected from the remote server. The laptop is connected to the Linksys router using Wireless connection. I cant understand why Asheron's Call loses connectivity in Windows 7 Is this problem because of the game? Or the problem is with router? Please suggest some solutions.

Re: Asheron's Call loses connectivity in Windows 7

I would suggest that check the configuration of the router first. If the router is not configured properly then the device which are connected using Wireless connection will not be able to access all the network resources. To check the configuration of the router, you will have to login to the router. To login to the router you will require default Ip address of the router. Login to the router and then open the configuration of the router. Get the setting from the ISP and check if the router is configured properly or not.

I think the version of the game which is installed on the computer is corrupt and hence you are not able to play the game. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which are associated to the applications are corrupt then the application will not work properly. To solve such problem, replace the files which are corrupt and then check if the game is working. Uninstall the game and then remove all the files/keys which are associated to the game. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the application and check if you are able to play the game.

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system. If the operating system does not support the game then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official website. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is listed in it or not. If the game is not supported, then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I was also facing the same problem while playing the Asheron MMORPG on my Windows 7 computer. The game used to connect to the remote server and then disconnect while playing. I tried to search for the solution and finally got a patch which solved the problem. The communication of the game server in Windows 7 is not proper due to which the game gets disconnected. Download the patch and then run the executable file on the computer manually. Once the game is patched you will not face the same problem again.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever