Thread: Oblivion game bug

Oblivion game bug

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows Vista operating system. I have recently installed Oblivion on my computer but I am not able to play the game properly. Whenever I try to play the game, sometimes the game opens and then terminates itself or Sometimes I am not able to save the game. When the game is saved it shows that the game is being saved, but when I try to reload the game, it says "Save file does not exist". Therefore If anybody else is facing similar Oblivion game bug then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Oblivion game bug

Windows Vista does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of games which are supported by Windows Vista is available on the official website. Check the list and see if the game is supported by Windows Vista. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

You can try running the game in compatibility mode. All the versions of Windows operating systems which are released after Windows XP operating system have compatibility mode. In compatibility mode, all the applications which used to run in earlier version of the operating system can be used successfully in the latest version of the operating system. To run the application in compatibility mode, right click on Game icon and then select properties. Go to compatibility tab and then check mark on "Run this application in compatibility mode" and select the operating system. Save the settings and start the game.

I think there is some problem with the game which you have installed on your computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files of the application gets corrupt or is missing on the system then the application will not work properly. The only solution to such kind of problem is to replace all the corrupted and missing files from the computer. Replacing all the corrupt files will solve your problem. Uninstall the game and remove all the files which are associated to the game. Once all the traces of the games are removed from the computer, reinstall the game and then check if the game is working properly.

I was also facing the same problem while playing Oblivion on my computer. The game used to crash frequently and I was not able to save the game. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game several times but it did not help. After searching a lot, I finally got the solution for the problem. The game has to be patched so that it runs properly. You can download the patch from the official website of the developer and install it on the computer. The patch which will solve your problem is 1.2
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever