Thread: Problems while playing Company of Heroes

Problems while playing Company of Heroes

I am facing this unusual problem with Company of Heroes :Opposing Front which is installed on my computer. The computer is working on Windows Vista operating system. I installed Company of Heroes few days back but I am not able to play the game. Sometimes when I start the game, it terminates itself. Sometimes the game starts but when I try to join any servers, I get kicked out saying "Incompatible Game version". I dont know why I am facing such problems while playing Company of Heroes and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: Problems while playing Company of Heroes

The game which is installed on the computer must be having some problems. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated with it. If any of the files of the application gets corrupted then the application will not work properly. To solve such problems you will have to replace all the files which are corrupted or missing from the computer. Once all the corrupted files are replaced you will not face same problems again. Uninstall the game and remove all the files which are related to the game from the computer. Once all the files of the game are removed, reinstall the game and check if it runs properly.

I think the game is not compatible with the operating system which you are using. Windows Vista does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system of the computer then the game will either not work at all or will give some problems while running the game. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows Vista is available on the official website. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported then there is nothing you can do about it.

Have you installed the released patch for the game? The game which you have installed on the computer had many problems which were later solved in different patches that were released. After installing the required patch for the version which you are playing, you will be able to play the game without any problem. Download the latest patch which is available for the game version which you have installed and then check if you are able to play the game properly or not. The patches are available at the official website of the game developer.

Check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on your computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. If the appropriate set of drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. Go to device manager and highlight the Display adapter. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers.