Thread: APPCRASH error in Fallout 3

APPCRASH error in Fallout 3

Hello, I have recently installed Fallout 3 on my computer but I am facing some problems while running the game. Whenever the game is started, It gives the main menu, but when I click on new game, the game crashes and gives Appcrash error. This happens everytime I want to star the new game. Can anybody tell me what is APPCRASH error in Fallout 3.
    The following is the configuration of the computer which I am using to play Fall out 3 :-
    Processor:- Intel Dual core 3ghz, RAM :- 1gb RAM, Graphic card :- Nvidia 9800GT 256mb. The operating system on the computer is Windows XP. Any suggestions/solutions about the problem are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: APPCRASH error in Fallout 3

Check if the game is properly installed on the computer. All the games have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files of the game are missing or are corrupt then the game will not work properly. The only solution to this problem is to replace the missing or the corrupt files of the game. Uninstall the current version of the game from the computer and remove all the files/keys related to the game. Once the computer is free from the traces of the application, try to install the game again and see if the game is working properly or not.

Have you checked the minimum system requirements of the game before installing? Every game has some minimum system requirements which need to fulfilled by the computer so that the game runs smoothly on it. If the minimum system requirements of the game are not fulfilled by the computer then the game will not run at all or will give some errors while running the game. Therefore check the minimum requirements of Fallout 3 and if your computer meets the minimum system requirements then only try to run the game otherwise it will lead to permanent damage to your computer.

The graphic card which you are using must not be properly configured due to which you are getting such an error. Every game needs the graphic card to be configured according to the engine on which the game is developed. Nvidia graphic card are configured for running high end graphics editing software's. This settings create problems while running certain games. Configure your graphic card as per steps given below and then see if the game crashes or not. Open the graphic properties and select Manage 3D settings.
    1. Highlight Anistropic filtering and select force off
    1. Highlight Triple buffering and select force off
    1. Highlight Vertical sync and select force off
    Save and apply the settings and try running the game.

I can see that you are using dual core processor for running the game. Dual core processors are not meant for running gaming applications. Dual core processors have two processors therefore whenever any application is started on the computer, both the processors start processing the application together which can create problems while running gaming application. Disable one of the core of the processor while running the game and see if the game runs properly or not. Their are many gaming fixes available which when installed disables one of the processors on its own. You can manually turn off one of the core, by starting the game and opening task manager. Open the processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select Set affinity and then remove check mark from one of the CPU. Click ok and then resume the game.

The system memory of your computer is too low to run Fallout3. Fallout 3 requires minimum of 2gb of system RAM to run smoothly. The computer on which you are trying to run the game has only 1gb RAM which is quite insufficient for the game. As the computer is not able to fulfill the minimum system requirements of the game, hence you are getting the APPCRASH error. Upgrade the RAM and then check if the game is running properly or not.