Thread: Fatal error while starting Flatout 2

Fatal error while starting Flatout 2

Sup gamers, I really need your help in solving this issue. I have installed Flatout 2 on my computer but I am not able to play the game. Whenever I try to run the game, it crashes while loading and give the following error message "FlatOut BFS: Fatal async I/O error (1450) when reading 2361344 bytes from offset 5122456 (overlapped result)". This happens everytime I run the game. The following are specifications of my rig :-

1. CPU: Intel Dual core processor 2ghz
    2. RAM: Transcend 1gb
    3. Video Card: Nvidia 256mb
    Operating System is Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3.

Therefore if anybody else is getting Fatal error while starting Flatout 2, then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Fatal error while starting Flatout 2

It is possible that the version of the game installed on your computer is corrupt due to which you are facing such error. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which are associated it gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. The only solution is to replace the corrupted files. Uninstall the game completely from the computer and remove all the keys/files related to the application. Once all the files of the application are removed, reinstall the game and then see if the game works properly or not.

NVidia graphic card are preconfigured to run high end graphics editing software's. The configuration which is made for such software's create problems while playing some games on the computer. I think the configuration of the graphic card is conflicting with the game due to which the game is not starting. Configure the graphic card properly and then see if the game is working properly or not. To configure the graphic card, open the graphic properties and the click on manage 3D settings. Now select the Anistropic filtering and click on force off. Select the Triple buffering and click on force off. Select the Vertical sync and click on force off. Now save the settings and check if the game runs properly or not.

Check the minimum system requirements of the game before installing the game on the computer. Every game has a requirements which are to be fulfilled by the computer. If the computer does not meet the minimum system requirement then the game will either not run at all or will run and give some errors. It is possible that the your computer is not able to fulfill the minimum requirements and hence the game is not starting. If the computer is not fulfilling the minimum system requirements then you should not try to run the game on the computer as it can damage the computer.

The dual core processors are not specially useful while gaming. Dual core processors have two processors which are out of sync. Therefore whenever any application is executed, both the processors start processing the application which can create problems while executing gaming applications. You will have to disable one of the processors while starting the gaming application. There are many gaming fixes which are available online which helps in disabling the processors while gaming. Also you can manually disable one of the processor, to disable one of the processor, start the game and press control, alt and delete. Go to task manager and Right click on the process of the game and select set affinity. Remove check mark from one of the processor and click OK. Resume the game and see if it runs properly or not.

By looking at the error which is displayed by the game. It is clear that the there is something wrong with the system memory. Either the game is not able to access certain locations on the system memory or the system memory is less than the minimum system requirement of the game. Try to connect some other RAM chip to the computer and check if the game runs properly or not. I think upgrading the system RAM will solve the problem.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever