Thread: Is Europa Universalis 3 compatible with Windows 7

Is Europa Universalis 3 compatible with Windows 7

Hello friends, I am having a query that is Europa Universalis 3 compatible with windows 7 or not. I have heard that there are problems with many games in this operating system. So, before I download this game, I want to have an information about the above question. What are the system requirements of this game? I am awaiting for suitable replies.

Re: Is Europa Universalis 3 compatible with Windows 7

The system requirements of Europa Universalis 3 are as follows:
    • Operating systems: Windows 2000 or Windows XP
    • Processor: 1.9 GHz or better
    • RAM: 512 MB of RAM
    • DirectX 9.0c
    • 128 MB of VRAM
    • Hard Disk: 1 GB free
    • Keyboard and Mouse

Looking at the system requirements, I do not think that Europa Universalis 3 is compatible with Windows 7.

You should run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in the system with Windows 7 after installing this game to know if Europa Universalis 3 is compatible with Windows 7 or not. This tool will help to know the softwares, applications, games and programs in the system that are incompatible. If this game is listed as incompatible by this tool, then there is no solution that can be used.

If Europa Universalis 3 is incompatible with Windows 7, then there is no option left. So, you will not be able to play the game. I suggest you to install another operating system in a different drive in your computer. Windows XP is the operating system that is suggested by me as it does not have any problems as such. So, if you get any incompatibility issues in Windows 7, you will just have to start the other operating system.

If there are problems like Europa Universalis 3 incompatible with Windows 7, then you will have to search for the compatibility tool for this game, since this is the only solution that can be used in this case. Many such tools have been released for the particular programs and applications that are having incompatibility issues with the Windows 7 operating system. This tool helps to solve such problems, if any. You just have to install the tool before you install the game.

There are any problems like Europa Universalis 3 incompatible with Windows 7 and hence, it is advised by many experts that installation or upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system should be avoided. Windows 7 has similar features as Windows Vista, so it is better to use Windows Vista because it does not have incompatibility issues with the applications, programs or so on.

unsure Re: Is Europa Universalis 3 compatible with Windows 7

Actually Windows 7 compatibility issues are much less than Vista. Windows 7 has a utility that sets the configuration to run in XP mode for example and allows me to run games like Civilization II, III and IV and many others that will never run on Windows Vista.

You right click on the icon and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and it tells what to set it at.

On the other hand. I am having difficulty running Europa Universalis III Complete. The tutorials will not load. I am able to start the game. I will later attempt to run the game after reading the manual.