Thread: Civ III PTW patch 1.29f is not working with windows7.

Civ III PTW patch 1.29f is not working with windows7.

Hello friends,
    I have computer with Windows7 Pro 64 installed in it. I have installed CivIII PTW in my computer and it was working fine until I installed patch 1.29f in it. After installing patch 1.29f it hung on the install-sheild and would go no further? I tried various method but none of them worked out. I don't know why Civ III PTW patch 1.29f is not working with windows7. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Civ III PTW patch 1.29f is not working with windows7.

From your information it seems that your new patch i.e. Civ III PTW patch 1.29f is not compatible with your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. If you want to know whether this patch is compatible with your Operating System or not, then you have to visit following link for compatibility:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...tegy&os=32-bit
    This is the link of Windows Compatibility center. If it doesn't compatible with your Operating System then remove that patch to fix this problem.

If you are unable to install patch 1.29f then you have to set your computer to clean boot to fix this problem. Using this process you will able to check if you are able to install it or not. You can do this in following ways.
    First click on Start button -> now open /search option -> now type msconfig in the Start Search box and press enter -> now in General tab, click Selective Startup option -> now click to clear the Load Startup Items check box -> now click the Services tab -> now click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box -> now click to Disable All -> press OK -> Now click on Restart button -> after this you will not get any problem.

You have to run this game in compatibility mode and check if it works. Most games written for Windows Vista also work in Windows7, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. In this case if this game is written for an earlier version of Windows then you have to change the compatibility settings for this game either manually or by using the Program Compatibility troubleshooter. You can do this in following ways.
    First click on start button -> now open Control Panel -> now In the search box, type troubleshooter -> then click Troubleshooting -> Under Programs, click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.- > now follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

From your information it seems that you have install some wrong patch in your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to install right patch for your game to fix this problem. As per my knowledge v1.22 is the new patch for your game. If you want to download this patch then click here.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

It seems that patch 1.29f is corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to install another patch. If you still have the same problem then it means that the new patch is not compatible with your game. In this case just uninstall this game from your computer and again install that game in your computer without that patch.