Thread: Why cant I play age of mythology: titans online?

Why cant I play age of mythology: titans online?

Hello people, I am facing a very weird problem with Age of Mythology:Titans while playing. I have a desktop computer with Windows XP operating system installed on it. Age of Mythology:Titans was installed is installed on it. The problem is that I am not able to play the game online. I can see the servers which are running online but I am not able to join them. Also sometimes the game starts lagging and the fps drops to about 10-12fps. I cant figure what is causing all such problems, so people if you know Why cant I play age of mythology: titans online, then please share some information.

Re: Why cant I play age of mythology: titans online?

I think the problems is with the installed version of the game. It is possible that the installed version of the game itself is corrupted due to which you are not able to play the game online. All the applications have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files associated to the game is corrupt then the game will not work properly. The only solution to the problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt. Find the files which are corrupt and then replace them on your computer. Once the corrupted files are replaced, check if the game is running properly or not.

Titans is an expansion of Age of mythology. It has to be installed separately on the base game. If there are some files which are missing in the expansion then the game will definitely not run properly. I would suggest you to remove the expansion pack from the game and then try to join the servers which are online. If the game is able to join the servers after the uninstallation of the expansion pack, then there is some definite problem with the expansion pack. Try and get some other copy of the expansion pack and then install it on the computer.

To be able to play the game online, you will have to create the EOS account first. Start the game and then click on internet games. The screen will show loading status for EOS status. When the system gives the error of connecting to EOS server failed, click on the register now button. Now a new account creation window will open. Provide all the required information and then create a new account. Once the account is created, login using the account and then connect to the EOS server. Once you are connected to the EOS server you will be able to join any game servers which are online. Note that you can only create one EOS account.

The lagging of the game and the fps drop which you are facing can be due to some unwanted processes running in background. Age of mythology requires lot of CPU and memory usage. If while running the game any other process is also running then the process will take some extra memory and CPU usage because of which the game will start lagging. Therefore while playing the game, check if there are any processes which are running on the computer by opening task manager. Go to the processes tab and then terminate the processes with high CPU and memory usage and then check if the game lags or not.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Age of mythology has high end graphics which requires the GPU to stress out. To create the graphics required by the game the Graphic card is required to work properly. While producing high graphics images the GPU gets heated. If the GPU gets heated then the GPU will not be able to produce the same effect and the game will start lagging. Hence check if the cooling fan of the graphic card is working properly or not. If the fan is covered with dust, then clean it and check if the game is lagging or not.

when i try to log in it tells me that the cd key is not validated and that i must

try in a few minutes. The weird is that i have tried many times without success

but once per 10-20-30 times it allows me to join. What is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jhkjkhjg View Post
    when i try to log in it tells me that the cd key is not validated and that i must

try in a few minutes. The weird is that i have tried many times without success

but once per 10-20-30 times it allows me to join. What is wrong?
    Do you own the age of mythology: titans online by legally purchasing it or have you downloaded it from some illegal website? If you have really bought the game then you should try to call the ubisoft support number for the validation issue, but if you are using an illegal version of the game, then I doubt anyone here will help you, as it is against the rules of the forum.