Thread: Heroes of Newerth shuts down without any errors

Heroes of Newerth shuts down without any errors

I recently upgraded the operating system on my computer to Windows 7 from Windows XP pro. I regularly used to play Heroes of Newerth on Windows Xp computer but now after upgrading the operating system I am not able to play the game. Whenever I start the game, it shows that the game is opening and then the game shuts down on its own. There are no errors displayed so I am not able to figure out what is the problem. My computer has 1gb of RAM and an old Nvidia graphic card. Is the hardware causing the problem? If anybody knows why Heroes of Newerth Shuts down without any errors then please share the valuable information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Heroes of Newerth shuts down without any errors

Check if the game is installed properly. All the applications which are installed on the computer require supporting files to run properly. If any of the supporting file is missing on the computer then the application will not be able to execute. Therefore check if there are any of the files which are related to the game are missing on the computer. If there are any files which are missing then uninstall the current installed version of the game from the computer and then reinstall it again. Uninstall the game and remove all the files and keys related to the game from the computer. Once all the traces of the game are removed, reinstall the game. After reinstallation see if you are able to play the game properly or not.

The system memory of your computer is very low to run gaming application on Windows 7 operating system. The minimum system requirement of Windows 7 operating system is 1gb of RAM. As the system is having only 1gb ram, it is not able to allocate the extra memory for the game and hence the game is not starting. Files of the program which has to be executed are first copied on the system RAM. Once the files are copied, the program is then executed from RAM. Therefore try and upgrade the system memory of the computer and then try to run the gaming applications on the computer.

I think the issue is related to heating of the components. High end graphic applications takes up lot of processing power of the computer which leads to heating of the components. If the cabinet of the computer is not ventilated properly the CPU and the GPU of the computer will get heated above the threshold limit and will stop processing the application to avoid any further damage. Hence check if all the cooling fans of the computer are working properly or not. If the cooling fan is covered with dust then try and clean the fan and then see if the game is executed properly or not.

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are compatible with Windows XP. Therefore if the game which you are trying to play is not supported in Windows 7 then you wont be able to play the game on it. Check if the game is listed in the supported games list of Windows 7. The list can be found on the official Windows 7 website. Meanwhile you can try to run the game in compatibility mode. To run the game in compatibility mode, Right click on the game icon and select properties. Now go to compatibility tab and then select "Run in compatibility mode" and select Windows Xp. Now save and apply the setting and check if you are able to run the game or not.

All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of software's to be installed on the computer so that the device will work properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. Therefore check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. To check if the display drivers are installed and working properly, go to device manager and highlight the Display adapters. If there are any caution signs, then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting procedure does not help, then try and update the drivers.