Thread: Unable to play The Saboteur on Acer ASPIRE laptop

Unable to play The Saboteur on Acer ASPIRE laptop

I am using Acer - ASPIRE 6920-5A2G25Mi laptop that has a Quad Core processor and Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. I yesterday tried to install The Saboteur game on my laptop which though I was able to install but I am unable to play. This is because when I click on the game icon the screen blips and the game does not starts. I have clicked on it a number of times but nothing seems to happen. What to do ?

Recommendation for users having ATI video cards

The Saboteur game is recorded to have issue with ATI video card. I am using nVidia geForce 9800 GTX video card which is 512 MB and there are no issues observed for this card. But you may try the following recommendation to fix Saboteur launch issue for ATI video card:
    1. Click saboteur.exe file
    2. Press Cntrl+Alt+Del to launch the task manager
    3. Locate the saboteur.exe process.
    4. Right click on it and click on set priority and make it to Real Time
    5. Select Set affinity by right clicking on saboteur.exe and mark CPU3 only.
    6. Now try launching the game again.

Reinstall Saboteur

I would rather suggest you to re-install the game. This happened with me as well on my Dell Vostro notebook. I had installed Counter Strike on my notebook and the game used to end randomly and there were no error messages displayed. I just re-installed the game and it was sorted out. Try this with Saboteur. The game probably is not installed completely and some components are supposed to be missing.

Re: Unable to play The Saboteur on Acer ASPIRE laptop

Have you checked the System Requirements of Saboteur game. May be your computer does meet the minimum requirements to play the game. Check this out. To run the game you need atleast a Core 2 Quad processor 3.0Ghz and if you are using AMD then it should be Phenom 9500 Quad-Core. You need a Geforce 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 3800 series GPU. The minimum RAM must be 3GB and free space on hard drive must be around 7GB.

The other reason for your issue can be low RAM or corrupt Memory. The game drives out heavy system resources. If your system is not equipped with minimum system requirement for the game which is 3GB then it is not possible for you to play the game. Try to add up more RAM sticks or checkout properly that your memory is functioning well. As you had not mentioned your RAM status.

Did you have installed Direct X 9. If not then do that and check out. The other main reason behind this can be the GPU drivers. Your graphic card driver may be outdated or buggy due to which they are not able to render the game graphics. This is why the game crashes and does not work. Update your drivers first and then set proper resolutions for the same. Then check back again.