Thread: What is the 'Prestige mode' in MW-2 ?

What is the 'Prestige mode' in MW-2 ?

Hi friends,
    I am playing the Modern Warfare 2. But I never heard about the Prestige Mode in that Game. So thought that some guys over there may help me in this.!! Please tell me what is the 'Prestige mode' in MW-2 ? What happens after getting that.?? Hope that you guys got my question and I am eagerly waiting for the replies from your side..!!
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Re: What is the 'Prestige mode' in MW-2 ?

I have provided you with an information that can be useful for you to unlock the Prestige Mode in Modern Warfare 2. For doing that you will have to rank up to the highest level in online multiplayer, level 70. After you are successful in doing this, you will need to go to the barracks. Once you go over there, a button labeled "Prestige Mode" must be present. Click on it to go into Prestige mode. Hope that this was useful for you.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

At the certain stage of the game, you will lose all your weapons. This you will achieve after playing the game for long time. All your guns, kill streaks, etc. will get lost. The titles and an emblems that you have achieved will remain with you. This will give you a new badge telling people that you have gotten to the highest level (70) and went into prestige mode. If you want the 10 different batches then you will have to keep on doing same thing for 10 times. By doing this you can go to an extra custom class slot.

According to me its just a stage where you lose everything in multiplayer which includes rank, guns, killstreaks. After this state you will have to start again with a new badge. The basic thing is that after reaching to a certain level, you get the option to give up everything you have earned and start from the beginning again. You lose all your weapons and perks, but it gives you a different medal for every-time that you prestige. This can be said as an Infinity Ward's way to keep players interested in playing their game.

Even I think that the prestige mode has been created in the game just to keep the interest of the players that are playing the games. If there were no prestige, then many players would have got bored with that game and might not played again. It will obviously boring, if there is nothing else to earn or accomplish. At such stage the players (like me) will stop playing a game if there is no point anymore.