Thread: VPU recover error in Colin Mcrae Dirt II

VPU recover error in Colin Mcrae Dirt II

Hello, I am facing this unusual error with Colin Mcrae dirt 2 which is installed on my computer. I used to play this game without any problems on my desktop computer which was running on Windows XP operating system and had an ATI graphic card. Recently I bought a new computer which has Windows Vista operating system and has Nvidia GT graphic card. The problem is whenever I try to run the game, it does not start and give a VPU recover error. I dont know what VPU recover error Colin Mcrae Dirt II and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: VPU recover error in Colin Mcrae Dirt II

Windows Vista does not support all the games which run on Windows Xp operating system. The list of all games which are supported by the Windows vista is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check out the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported then there is no way in which you can run the game on Windows Vista. The only solution to run the game on the new computer is to install windows XP on the computer and then run the game.

All the operating systems which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode. By using compatibility mode the applications which do not run in the latest version of the operating system but used to run successfully in earlier version can be executed. Try running the game in compatibility mode and see if the game works. To run the game in compatibility mode, Right click on the game icon and select properties. Now select the compatibility tab and select the option which says "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select the version of Windows in which the game used to run properly. Apply the settings and start the game.

Check if the drivers for the graphics card are installed properly. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of software's to be installed on the computer to be able to work properly.This set of software's is known as drivers. If the appropriate drivers are missing then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers for the graphic card are installed properly, open the device manager and highlight the Graphic adapter. If there are any caution signs, follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting procedure does not help then try updating the drivers for the graphic adapter.

ATI graphic card does not require any special configurations for running games while Nvidia graphic cards are required to be configured so that all the games run smoothly on them. Nvidia graphic card are preconfigured to work with all the high end graphic application which creates problems while running the game. Go to the Graphic properties of the Nvidia graphic card and then select Manage 3D settings. Highlight Anistropic filtering and select Force off. Highlight Triple buffering and select Force off. Highlight Vertical sync and select Force off. Once done, save the settings and apply. Now try to run the game, there should not be any problems while running the game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

While running high graphic applications the graphic card generates more heat. If the cooling fan on the graphic card is not working properly, then the working temperature of the graphic card will increase beyond the limit. If the working temperature of the graphic card goes beyond the limit the GPU and the VPU of the graphic card will shut itself down. Therefore check if the cabinet of the computer is well ventilated and if the cooling fan of the Graphic card is working properly. Try adding an extra cooling fan in the cabinet if the cabinet and the PSU allows it. Adding extra cooling techniques will solve the problem for sure.