Thread: Dawn of War 2 displays a Blue Screen on Startup

Dawn of War 2 displays a Blue Screen on Startup

I am facing some serious issues when I try to play Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II on my personal computer- Acer Aspire IE4740. I was able to play the game without any issues for the last 3 months but all of a sudden I am not getting a Blue Screen on my personal computer Aspire IE4740 when I initiate Dawn of War II. How can I handle this issue to start playing the game again?

Graphics causing BSOD

The issue can be with your computer graphics. To sort out this issue my suggestion is that you can try reducing the settings of Graphics to Medium or Low. In case even after this the game results in BSOD error then update Dawn of War 2, to the latest available version. After updating restart your computer and hopefully the BSOD error will be resolved.

Update Graphic card Drivers

For me it seems to be that the Black Screen of Death or the Blue Screen error is because of the graphic card drivers. This error is usually generated if the graphic card drivers are not updated. So to overcome this fatal Black Screen of Death you will have to first update your graphic card drivers. You can easily update your graphic card drivers from the Device manager.

Faulty RAM causes Blue Screen

There are many issues which can cause a Blue Screen when trying to launch a high end graphic game. I this Blue Screen error whenever I launched Empire: Total War game. Initially the game only used to lag after a while but lately it started to randomly display a Blue Screen error. As per my computer technician's advise, I replaced the RAM and it worked well for me. This can be the same in your case as well.

Re-install Dawn of War 2

It can be that by mistakenly some files which are required to execute the DoW-II game were deleted or have been corrupted which is why running the DoW-II game causes your computer to display a Blue Screen. To troubleshoot this error my recommendation is that you re-install the DoW-II game. Make Sure that the installation CD/DVD is not corrupted and has all the setup files.

Video Card gone Bad

From your description I guess that your computer's video is gone bad. The Warhammer Dawn of War 2 is not getting the required graphical support causing the game to end up with a error termed as Blue Screen of Death. But to verify this first update the drivers for your motherboard. If the error is still persisting then the video has gone bad.