Thread: Unable to connect PS3 to PC

Unable to connect PS3 to PC

Hi everyone i own a Play station 3 and i want to connect it to my PC. I tried connecting it with the help of wire connection of the playstation 3 and my system is itself connected to the internet. I have also set the internet connection to share for my lan card. I go on the PS3 and search for media devices and it doesn't detect my PC. why i am unable to connect PS3 to PC. Need help.
    Last edited by Transporter; 04-02-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Re: Unable to connect PS3 to PC

The probelm here seems as you have not enabled the auotomatic IP and DNS. After doing this you are requested to repeat the same with your second lan card which is the ps3 Lan card and then connect playstation 3 and set it to connect to the internet automatically. This will now get connected.

It seems as you have not enabled the auotomatic IP and DNS so don't waste time and configure the your second lan card and enable the automatic ip obtaining. After this has been done connect your play station and set it to connect automatically and this will connect your PS3 to your system.

Thanks a lot for replying me i followed all your instructions enabled the auotomatic IP and DNS also configured the Local area network connection i enabled the automatic IP obtaining too and then left the system to connect automatically but it really does not solve the issue i now get a different message it says IP obtaining time out.

To resolve this issue i will require a log of the error so follow the instruction which i have listed below:

1. Open the start menu and type cmd in the run box.
    2.After the command prompt windows appears type ipconfig/all
    3.Right click on in the command prompt and then choose select All now hit the enter key and post the result here after which i will recommend you a better solution.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

In order to connect the playstation to the PC follow the steps which i have mentioned below:

* Open the network connection and right click on the LAN Ethernet that connected to the PS3
    * Now select the Internet Protocol and manually select an IP for the PC, eg. 192.168.0.XXX then have a subnet of 255.255.255.0.

This will definitely solve the issue.