Thread: Unable to install mass effect 2

Unable to install mass effect 2

Hello friends i want to install the mass effect 2 game on my system but whenever i try to install the mass effect 2 game it always gives an error message "Error: Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported. Line 1, Column 40 in inter XML settings" and i am unable to install mass effect 2 game. please tell me how can i install this game.

Re: Unable to install mass effect 2

You are facing this error since your system is not meeting the minimum system requirements. Since because this error is thrown whenever this game is installed on a system which does not meets the minimum requirement of the game please provide some more details about your system in your further replies to get a better solution.

Firstly check that whether your system meets the minimum user requirement or not from the official website of the mass effect 2 and try to get the solution to this problem from there if possible. If your system has all the resources which is required by the game then it might be a memory problem that means you don't have enough RAM memory.

Most probably it seems you have not extracted the contents english.rar properly. So once again try to extract the same english.rar and then install the game again. During the installation if you are having a multiple number of discs eject the other discs whenever you are asked. hopefully you will fix this issue soon.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I think that your system is not meeting the system requirements and that's why you are facing this problem so please check the minimum system requirements which i have mentioned below:

Operating System Any windows operating system including windows XP as well as Windows 7.
    Processor - 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
    DVD ROM - 1x Speed
    Memory - 1 GB RAM
    Hard Drive - 20 GB
    Sound Card - DirectX 9.0 compatible
    Direct X - DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
    Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
    Input - Keyboard / Mouse
    Video Card - 256 MB
    or greater.