Thread: Nintendo Wii Error Code 20100

Nintendo Wii Error Code 20100

Hi,

I am getting "Error 20100 - Unable to connect to the internet. Verify Internet settings on the Wii console" I have playing on 2 years with my wii and I never had gone this error, and it worries me. I have well configured the wifi, even I download the Internet channel to test, after seeing this error and low perfectly. I am not able to play online. What does this Nintendo Wii Error Code 20100 mean ??? Any help???

Re: Nintendo Wii Error Code 20100

If there is any problem during the process of connecting to the Internet from your Wii console, or you could not install a downloaded update. Try adjusting the transfer rates of your router. If you have a 4 mbp or more, lower it at a rate of "1-2 mbp" to have a stable connection. If you have "Speed Booster" and you turn it off, may also help. Often called Nitro, Turbo Boost, etc..

Check your router settings to see if "G", "B" or "mixed". Normally, the joint is what works best, but try all three to see which improves the Wii console connection to the network. Wireless routers usually have different channels ranging from 1 to 11. Change the channel your wireless router to 1 to 6 or 11 and try to connect again. (These three channels do not interfere with others)

Make sure all appliances that may cause interference such as microwaves or cordless phones are off. The wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference. If an Error Code 20100 occurs, when you are trying to purchase an item in the Shop Channel, try using another credit card or contact your bank to check the status of the card you tried to use.

You can also check your router owner's manual. Within the system configuration of the Wii, delete the current connection file that is used to connect your Wii, and create a new one. You could also try disconnecting the router and modem. Disconnect both of the wall, wait a few minutes and plug the modem back in wait a couple of minutes to initialize the modem, then powering the router. Test the connection test. If all else fails, call Nintendo Consumer Service

Ensure the Hotspot location does not require an Internet browser to set up an account, accept a usage agreement, or enter a password before accessing their Wi-Fi service. If the location requires any of these items will not be able to connect to Nintendo WFC. Make sure the Nintendo Wii is within 30 feet of wireless access point and faces in his general direction. Signal strength can vary, depending on where the access point's signal is coming.