Thread: How to make 3d games work little faster on Windows

How to make 3d games work little faster on Windows

Hi, i am having a Windows Xp computer at my home. It is perfect for working or browsing process but when i try to play any 3d games, the game become too slow. For some tips i found this post Windows Xp Gaming Tweaks but it doesn't helped me lot as there are most of registry tweaks and i don't wanna work in registry editor. However, i know that my pc is not configured for gaming but is there any way to make 3d games work little faster on Windows ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to make 3d games work little faster on Windows

Well, when i was having the same problem the post you had linked really worked for me. But anyways, there are many other ways if you don't wanna go with registry editor. First of all limit the number of programs in memory: Automatic Update of Java loading and pre-launch bar Microsoft Office, utilities webcam ... your PC probably contains lots of software running at startup, but not really useful. You can disable to free up memory and make sure the game more fluid.

If you have a graphics card installed on your system than make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card: Sometimes the graphics card manufacturers improve pilot performance and resolve problems. This could improve gaming performance. Some games are capable of running in DirectX or OpenGL. Try both ways: Some video cards have drivers that work better in one of two modes.

Turn down the graphic effects that are consuming CPU in the configuation of the game. In the configuation of the game, reduce the resolution. If the game paddle to 1280x1024, try 1024x768 or even 800x600. This will make fewer pixels to calculate for the graphics card and should easily boost display speed. If patches (patches) have been published for this game, install them. It fixes bugs, and sometimes performance issues.

You should have a dedicated video card capable of running DirectX 10 games. With modern games, only the absolute best graphics cards can run them at full quality. In the configuration of the game, keep the sound level from 44 KHz to 22 KHz, or even 11. Also try running a disk cleanup or a disk defragmentor.