Thread: DIRT 2 causing BSOD

DIRT 2 causing BSOD

Hello to you,

I open this topic and hope you can help me. So I have windows 7 in 64 bit. My problem is that the game plays the videos menus all goes well. But at the end of a time which varies from 1 to 10 minutes the game gets close and a blue screen appears. I test memory with memorytest one by one and two at the same time all is ok no error.
    Tried compatibility xp and vista but still blue screen. Thank you for your help.

Specs:
    • asus p7p55d motherboard
    • nvidia 250 gts 1GB graphics card (fully updated)
    • i7 Processor
    • 4 gb ram.

Re: DIRT 2 causing BSOD

Any error code you see in BSOD? have you installed the beta drivers for you r graphic card ? go to nvidia site and download the stable version of driver, and install it. as there been any changes after you reinstalled the drivers??

If this problem occurs when your graphics card is requested by game, it could come from too high a temperature.

Downloads SIW
    You change the language and then in the left window You can read the temperature of your graphics card (if monitored).

Typically it is happen because of a driver issue. I advice you to update your drivers from the nvidia site ,So go to Nvidia to check for your graphics driver and verify you have the most current one. Then also update your other hardware drivers as well (sound, NIC, chipset, etc...). We also need to know what version of Windows you are running. Verify that Dirt2 is compatible with your OS and that your system meets its system requirements.

The blue screens are often quite difficult to diagnose, despite the error code indicated. Whocrashed analyzes these blue screens and can provide additional information that may indeed help to identify the problem.

• Save the file in the download, and install by clicking on the file whocrashedSetup.exe
    • Accept the download of a module missing if the installation wizard provides the
    • At the end of the installation, the application starts, close the window.
    • Under Vista and Seven, we must run the tool as administrator (right-click on the icon Whocrashed, then Run as Administrator)