Thread: Tomb Raider 5 not working in Windows 7

Tomb Raider 5 not working in Windows 7

I have enjoyed playing the earlier versions of Tomb Raider in Windows Vista Home Premium without any problems. Now, I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7 and I am very curious to play the next versions of the game. But, Tomb Raider 5 is not working in Windows 7. My friend gave me the setup CD of the game and it worked well in my friends system. But, he is using Windows XP operating system. Is this a compatibility issue with the operating system? Please help me with some solutions to this problem as soon as possible.

Reinstall Tomb Raider 5

I guess there has been a problem while you were installing the game. That is why Tomb Raider 5 may not be working in Windows 7. This problem may have occurred due to running of other applications and programs while running the installation process. To avoid such errors, it is always advised at the beginning of the installation process to exit all applications and programs. I suggest you to reinstall Tomb Raider 5 to get rid of this error and make sure that this time you do not run other applications and programs while running the installation process.

The setup must have become corrupt

The setup must have become corrupt because of which Tomb Raider 5 is not working in Windows 7. Such problems occur when the setup in the CD is used for a long time and also if it is not maintained well. You should try to install the game from some other CD or better download the game and do the installation. This might probably get rid of the error. There are no compatibility issues as such with the game and the operating system and I can assure you this since I am playing the same game in my computer that is having Windows 7 operating system and the game is working very fine.

Use a dual boot system

I suggest you to use a dual boot system if Tomb Raider 5 is not working in Windows 7. I dont know whether this problem is due to incompatibility, but such dual boot systems are always a good help against incompatible programs. The programs, games as well as other applications that are having problems in one operating system run well in the other operating system. To get a dual boot in your computer, simply install the other operating system in a different drive in your machine.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

System Requirements of Tomb Raider 5

Here are the System Requirements of Tomb Raider 5:

MINIMUM:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP
    Processor: Pentium 3 1.0Ghz or Athlon XP Equivalent
    RAM: 256MB RAM
    Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible 64MB 3D Accelerated Card with TnL (GeForce 3Ti / Radeon 9 series)
    Hard Disk: 9.9GB free disk space

RECOMMENDED:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP
    Processor: Pentium 4 2.0Ghz or Athlon XP Equivalent
    RAM: 512MB RAM
    Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible 256MB 3D Accelerated Card (Nvidia GeForce 5900 / Ati 9800XT)
    Hard Disk: 9.9GB free disk space.

A different version of Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider 5 is not working in Windows 7 may be since, you may have installed the version that is made for the other operating systems. A different version of Tomb Raider has been made that runs fine in Windows 7 with the approval of Eidos and has been released, since the previous versions are incompatible with Windows 7 and are having problems when played in that operating system.