Thread: Cant play Online with XboX 360

Cant play Online with XboX 360

Hello friends, Me and my brother both have Xbox 360. Both the Xbox's were bought separately. The problem we are facing is that we are not able to play online with our Xboxes. We are using the same internet connection. We connect to internet using a Linksys Router. Only one of us can play online, If i connect to the Internet and if my brother tries to connect it says "Connection to the Host has ended". Do we require two Internet connections to play online?
    Please suggest some solutions.

Re: Cant play Online with XboX 360

Yes you will have to use two internet connections to be able to play online with two Xbox's. Internet Service providers have the tendency to track the MAC address of the consumer. Keeping track of the MAC address enables them to differ services to different users. As you are trying to connect two devices with different Mac addresses to the same connection it is creating problem. By using one connection you can connect only 1 Xbox and play online. Even if both Xboxs connect to internet, they will get disconnected after some time. So better you get two separate connections so that you can play online.

I think both the Xbox's you are connecting are having the same IP addresses which is creating the problem while playing. Check the IP address of both the Xbox and see if they are identical. If they are identical then change the IP address of one of the Xbox. While changing the IP address be careful that the new IP should belong to same Subnet or else the router will not detect it. If the Router is assigning the IP addresses to the Xbox's then keep on of the Xbox off while connecting to the Router. Only after one Xbox is connected to the router switch on the other Xbox. The only advantage in doing this is, both the Xbox have different IP addresses which will not conflict with one another. Now connect to network and see if you can play online.

Try flushing the DNS through your computer. It happens many times that the DNS entries get flooded and created problem if some new device tries to access the Internet. The connection to such device is rejected as all the entries of DNS are full. Flushing the DNS will clean up all the entries. Now when a new device is connected, a fresh entry will be created. To flush the DNS using your computer, Go to Start and select Run. Now type CMD. Now the command prompt window will open. Now type "ipconfig /flushdns". This will flush the DNS. Now try to play online, I am sure you will be able to.

You can play with 2 xbox on the same Internet connection but you will have to get two different IP addresses for the two Xbox's. The problem you are facing is due to IP address conflict. Whenever there two devices on the same network with same IP addresses, they will conflict. When such IP address conflict occurs on the network, both the devices with same IP address get disconnected. Hence you will have to get to get two different static IP address from the Internet Service Provider. Configuring the Xbox's with different IP addresses will enable you to play online with same connection.

I was also facing the same problem with my Xbox. Here is what i did to make it work. Log in to the Router through which you connect to Internet. Now enable UPnP setting and open all the ports which are required by the Xbox (No of ports can be found out online). After doing that enable DMZ mode of the Router. Now the router will ask for the IP address. Put the IP address of one of the Xbox in it and save the settings. Now you will be able to connect both the routers to same internet connection.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever