Thread: Hitman 3 having problems in Windows 7

Hitman 3 having problems in Windows 7

Hello everyone, I am using Windows operating system and I have installed Hitman 3 in it. The installation of the game had taken place properly, but when I try to start the game from the desktop icon, I get a black screen for 2 seconds and then, I am back on the desktop. So, basically Hitman 3 is having problems in Windows 7 I cant understand why this is happening. I am very curious to play this game as I have had fun playing the previous versions of it. I require suitable help or suggestions immediately.

Upgrade your system

Hitman 3 is having problems in Windows 7, since it may be utilizing a lot of graphics memory. I guess that you will have to check for the system requirements of the game and upgrade your system as required. I guess that the RAM and the video cards may be the 2 components that may require major upgradation. After you have upgraded your system, your problem may be hopefully solved.

System requirements of Hitman 3

Here are the system requirements of Hitman 3. You may possibly come to know actually where deficiency is:
    MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
    • Processor: Pentium 4 1.5Ghz or Athlon XP Equivalent
    • RAM: 512MB
    • Graphics Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible video card which supports Hardware TnL and Pixel Shader 2.0 (GeForce FX / Radeon 9500 or higher)
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
    • Hard Drive: 5.0GB free disk space

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
    Processor: Pentium 4 2.4Ghz or Athlon XP/64-bit equivalent
    RAM: 1024MB
    Graphics Card: ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series or higher video card
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card, Sound Blaster X-Fi series
    Hard Disk: 5.0GB free disk space

Re: Hitman 3 having problems in Windows 7

I want to thank both of you for providing me with these details. I checked for the system requirements and upgraded my system according to it. But, still the error has not gone. I am getting a black screen while I try to start the game. So, in short there is no problem with the configuration of my system. Can anyone suggest me why such problems are still persisting?

Windows 7 does not support Hitman 3

If you have seen through the system requirements properly, you will see that Windows 7 does not support Hitman 3. If you want to run the game, you need to have Windows 2000 or Windows XP. That is why Hitman 3 is having problems in Windows 7. I suggest you to use a dual boot system that has Windows 2000 or Windows XP as one of the operating systems. So, you can load into that operating system as and when you want to play the game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Check the installation disc

I suggest you to check the installation disc as it may be the major reason why Hitman 3 is having problems in Windows 7. I dont think that Hitman 3 has a compatibility issue with the operating system. Sometimes the disc becomes corrupted due to a long use or may be due to copying of corrupted files into the disc. Ultimately the game wont start as the installation would have not taken place properly. Exchange the disc and then, reinstall the game, probably your problem will be soved.