Thread: Cricket 2009 not loading in Windows 7

Cricket 2009 not loading in Windows 7

I am having an Dell laptop and recently upgraded my system from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7. Then, I installed Cricket 2009 in it, that was running fine in Windows Vista. But, Cricket 2009 is not loading in Windows 7 and I cant understand why it is happening. I guess there is no problem with the game setup, since it had ran properly in Vista. In Windows 7 too, the game was installed properly, but when I double-click the icon of Cricket 2009, nothing happens. Please help me with suitable solutions.

Reinstalling the game might help

Cricket 2009 may not be loading in Windows 7 since there must have been an installation error. Such errors occur when you run other applications in the background of the installation process. So, it is always advised to exit all other applications when you are doing an installation process. I guess that reinstalling the game might help you remove this problem. For this, you will have to first uninstall the game and then, restart your system. After that, reinstall Cricket 2009 and now, keep in mind that you do not run any other applications in the background of the installation process.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Skip upgradation to Windows 7

There are many incompatible programs in Windows 7, due to which it is recommended by many experts to skip upgradation to Windows 7. Cricket 2009 may not loading in Windows 7, because this game too, may not be compatible in Windows 7. Here are the reasons why it is said not to upgrade to Windows 7:
    • It has very less difference to Windows Vista.
    • Windows 7 is very expensive as compared to the other operating systems.
    • There are no problems with Windows XP amd Windows Vista.
    • Many incompatibilities are there in Windows 7.
    • The same old infrastructure is used to make Windows 7 too.
    • Windows 7 remains as a closed system.

There must be an error in the disc

If Cricket 2009 is not loading in Windows 7, then there must be an error in the disc. Such errors occur when the setup in the disc becomes corrupt. This is why it must have run without any problem in the previous operating system that you were using. Inorder to get rid of this problem, I suppose that you will have to purchase a new disc of the game or go to the official site of the game and download the game. If you keep the setup in the system, corruption of the files will be avoided.

Hardware and software evaluation tool

There are many incompatibilities in Windows 7, due to which Cricket 2009 may not be loading in Windows 7. I suggest you to use the hardware and software evaluation tool that helps you to check for the incompatible programs in the operating system. So, you can check for the complements and other alternatives that are available for the particular programs. Since, it is a game, I guess that there are no alternatives for it. You will have to wait until the game becomes supported for this operating system.

Use a DUAL BOOT system for the incompatible programs

The problems like Cricket 2009 is not loading in Windows 7 are due the incompatibilities of the applications in the operating system. Use a DUAL BOOT system for the incompatible programs, so that you can load into the previous version of the operating system for running that particular application or program. To get this dual boot feature in your system, simply load the previous version of the operating system in another drive in your laptop. So, when you start the system, you will get an option for the operating system that you want to load into. This is the only solution for such incompatible programs.