Thread: Problems with Starcraft in Windows Xp

Problems with Starcraft in Windows Xp

Hello there, I am facing while installing Starcraft on my computer which has Windows Xp operating system. Whenever i try to install Starcraft2 using windows Xp the CD does not start automatically and does not open. I tried installing Starcraft2 in Windows 98 and it got installed. But whenever i start the game it terminates itself. Please help as i am not able to play the game.
    Last edited by supernoob; 25-12-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Re: Problems with Starcraft in Windows Xp

As the game is not running on computer, check the minimum requirements of the game. Many times the processor is not able to process the game application due to its clock frequency limitation therefore the system requirements should be checked before installing any gaming applications. Sometime the System memory or RAM falls short of memory to process high end graphics game which forces the application to close it self.

To install Starcraft on windows xp follow these steps. First put the CD in the drive. Now open my computer and right click on the CD drive and select explore. The contents of the CD will open. Now select all the files and folder and copy them. Now paste the copied files and folder on the hard drive in some folder. Once the files are copied, find install.exe in that folder and open it. It will take some time to start the installation process. Once the installation window opens up, follow the onscreen procedure to complete the installation process.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Starcraft needs a graphic card to run. The graphics in the game cannot be produced by the onboard graphic card hence it requires an external graphic card. You are not able to run the game as it is trying to initiate the graphics adaptor but is not able to. If you can add an external graphics card to your system then the game will run smoothly. You can get a PCI express or an AGP card depending on the slot present on your motherboard. Graphic card of 128mb is enough for the games like starcraft.

As you have already installed the game in Windows 98, you dont need to install it again in Windows XP. Just start the game in Windows XP and it should run. IF the game closes before it starts then follow this steps. Right click on the Game Icon (Shortcut) and select properties. In properties, select the compatibility tab. Now Check the box which says "Run this program in compatibility mode". As soon as you check the box, a drop down list will appear. Now select Windows 98 from the list. Now Check the box which says "Display visual themes" in the display settings tab. Now click on apply and ok. Now the game will run in windows xp.

If you have a graphic card then configure it in following way to get the starcraft running. Many times the games dont start because the graphic card settings are not proper. Right click on the desktop and click on Graphic properties. Now select Manage 3 D settings. Highlight Anistropic Filtering and select Force off. Then select Triple Buffering and select Force off. Now Select Vertical sync and select force off. Now apply the settings. Now change the mode of the graphic card from Quality to Performance. Now apply the settings and start the game. If there is no other problem it will run smoothly.