Thread: Cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7

Cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7

I have recently switched to Windows 7 operating system from Windows XP Service Pack 2. Now, the problem in this is that I cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7. The installation and all was very fine and it was completed successfully without any errors. I had played half of the game with the same setup file in the previous operating system. So, I am sure that there is no problem with the game. So, I need to know where exactly the problem has happened.

Try reinstalling the game

If you cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7, it means that an installation error must have occurred. This happens when you do the installation with other applications running along with it. That is why it is always suggested to exit all applications while you do the installation of any game or software. There is only one method to get rid of this problem. First uninstall the game and then, reboot the system. Now, try reinstalling the game and make sure that no applications are running along with it. This may hopefully solve the problem.

Use a dual boot system

Windows 7 is incompatible to many of the games, softwares, applications and programs that work in XP and Vista. That may be the reason why you cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7. Inorder to play such incompatible games and use incompatible applications, I suggest you to use a dual boot system. This can be done by installing 2 operating systems in 2 different drives. So, when you start the computer you will get a WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER, that will let you to get into the operating system that you want. I suggest you to install Windows Vista in one drive and Windows 7 in another. Total Overdose runs well in Windows Vista.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Dont switch to Windows 7

You cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7 operating system because the game may not be compatible with Windows 7. I suggest everyone that dont switch to Windows 7 due to the reasons given below:
    • Switching to Windows Vista is better than to switch to Windows 7 as there is no much difference between the 2 OS.
    • Windows 7 is costly as compared to the other operating systems.
    • Xp and Vista run without any problems.
    • Windows 7 is built on an old infrastructure that was used to make the previous operating systems. So, it may be having the same vulnerabilities.
    • If you upgrade from Windows XP, you will require a clean install.
    • Many programs are incompatible in Windows 7.
    • Windows 7 acts as a closed system.

Windows 7 utilizes a lot of graphics memory

You said that previously you were able to play the game, but now you cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7. If the installation has been completed successfully, then there is no problem with the game. The game may not be able to start because Windows 7 utilizes a lot of graphics memory and there may not be any memory left for the game to start. Inorder to start the game, you will need to upgrade the graphics memory. This is the only way that the problem could be solved.

System requirements for Total Overdose

I guess that Windows 7 does not support Total Overdose. This may be the problem why you cannot play Total Overdose in Windows 7. Here are the system requirements for Total Overdose:
    • Operating system: Windows XP or Windows 2000
    • Processor: Pentium 1.5 GHz or faster processor or AMD Athlon XP (1400 Mhz)
    • RAM: 256 Mb RAM or higher
    • Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    • Graphics card: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card
    • Hard Disk: 360MB HD space for minimum CD-ROM install or 1.7GB HD space for full installation