Thread: Multiplayer problems with COD 1

Multiplayer problems with COD 1

I have been playing Call of Duty 1 on my computer and have never tried its multiplayer option. I have played its single player. But there are problems with Multiplayer option. Whenever i try to join a game directly from internet I have to wait like for 5 to 10 minutes for it to search a list of servers. But still after taking so long time it comes up blank without any list. Wat do i do. Please help. I want to try this multiplayer option.

Check firewall settings

Okay now over here there may be many reasons of why you are not getting any server list. It can be an issue with your Firewall Settings or if you have a router connected then there might be some issue with the router as well. Try to unplug your router and connect the modem directly to the computer and check the connections properly. Now see if you are able to surf on internet and then check for server list in COD 1.

Issues with Bypassing Router

I checked the firewall settings everything looks fine. I have Need for Speed also which i do connect on multiplayer and I am able to play without any problem. But don't know why this COD 1 doesn't work fine. And i have a Belkin router which i am not able to unplug, can you please help me to unplug the router and connect the modem directly to the computer. I am not that good in network related issues. Please help.

Bypassing the Router

As you said that you are using a Belkin Router, first unplug all the cables from the router and then connect the Ethernet cable directly from the computer to the modem and connect the telephone line to the modem. By doing this we will come to know whether there is any issue with the router or with the game itself.

Firewall issue

Yaa now i was able to bypass my router, I connected my modem directly to the computer and now still I am not able to play in multiplayer option. I now get a error as Awaiting Connection and a counting starts which goes on and on. So then i just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. during the time of installation my firewall asked whether to Block or Unblock, so i seleted unblock and now I am able to play single player as well as Multiplayer both.