Thread: Soul Calibur 3 and Burnout Revenge not working on Windows Vista

Soul Calibur 3 and Burnout Revenge not working on Windows Vista

I had been running Windows Vista on my machine. Now the problem is that Soul Calibur 3 and Burnout Revenge games doesn't work on my Windows Vista machine. I burned them on Ridata DVD-Rs. Burnout Revenge it goes to the first loading screen, but doesn't load anything at all, and makes no progress. Soul Calibur 3 just doesn't boot up at all, infact it takes me to the PS2 Browse screen for some reason. So, cany any one tell me that why does Soul Calibur 3 and Burnout Revenge not working on Windows Vista? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Soul Calibur 3 and Burnout Revenge not working on Windows Vista

Most games require you to set widescreen in the options they don't always autodetect. If I remember correctly, you cannot do 4-player simultaneous play. At most is 2-player split screen. As for crash mode, it's done in a pass-the-controller type of thing where everyone takes turns on the same stage.

Burn at 4x on an 8x DVD-R using DVD Decrypter. The code engine used for these versions of gameshark seem to have a bug in them,and aren't compatible with alot of games. Soul Calibur 3 has caused a lot of people problems. SMD 2.0 blows, 3.0 I'm not sure about. You may want to update to SM 3.6.

Try burning at 2x on a 4x DVD-R. If that fails try 4x. The best advice I can give is to update your GameShark2 to v4 or get Action Replay Max which is what I use.I think CodeBreaker is a pretty decent cheat device to use also. The latest version of SMD 3.6 is compatible with every PS2 game after rebuilding. It alleviates the need for CD loader, DVD loader, or cogswap loader.

It doesn't support DVD-9 or dual layer games. Those can be rebuilt to DVD-5 or single layer DVD-R's. When progressive mode is enabled on PAL (576i) games, the resolution is 480p, not 576p. Note that not all games from PAL territories support progressive scan mode 480p even if their NTSC U/C counterparts do. Some games over 4.38GB's may need rebuilt to work with SM 3.6. Only about 5% of PS2 games need rebuilt to work with Swap Magic 3.6.