Thread: SWAT 4 installation hangs on Windows 7 RTM

SWAT 4 installation hangs on Windows 7 RTM

I have very recently upgraded my system to accommodate Windows 7 RTM. I was initially using 512 MB RAM for Windows XP which now I have upgraded to 2GB RAM and also changed my mother board. The issue I am having in Windows 7 RTM is with the installation of my favorite game SWAT4. I am unable to install it on Windows 7 RTM. After starting the installation within some time it hangs in between. I have been playing this game on my Windows XP but it just does not completes installation in Windows 7 RTM. Can it be an issue with Windows 7 RTM ?

Re: SWAT 4 installation hangs on Windows 7 RTM

I am using Windows 7 currently and I had problems installing and gaming in Swat 4 on Windows 7. I had also used Windows XP before Windows 7. Might be that the transition from Windows XP to Windows 7 was not successful on your system. If you had tried to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 then my suggestion is to completely un-install Windows XP and then customized install Windows 7 RTM rather then upgrade. This is what I had done when I installed Windows 7 on my desktop.

Check the disc which you are using for installing Swat IV on your new Windows 7 RTM. There might be a bad section on the hard disk where the disk drive is probably not able able to read the data from. Try using a soft cotton cloth to wipe the disc gently. If still not possible to install then in my opinion the disc is gone bad and you need to get a new Swat IV disc for installing the game.

Here are the minimum system requirements SWAT IV:
    CPU: 1.2GHz or higher.
    Operating System: Windows 98 or higher.
    Hard drive space: 2GB free space.
    Memory: Minimum 256MB RAM.
    Graphics: Minimum of 32MB but 128MB is recommended.
    If the system requirements are matched then I feel you need to check the disk drive. Might be that it is not able to read the installation CD. Use a Lens Cleaner CD to clean your disc drive. Check if you are able to install the game on another computer. This is not at all a problem with your Windows operating system.

Hey gang. I have a similar problem with SWAT 4 installation on Windows 7. It consistently hangs trying to install a PDF file (?) but it installs fine on a Vista machine. It is a brand new Win7(64) system, and I have used it both before and after trying SWAT 4 to install other applications.

On Vista, it runs fine at 1096X1780 resolution so that's not the problem. I have tried it in compatibility mode, but no success.

The installer is failing on a scripting error.

Any ideas?

John

What is the scripting error that you are getting?? can you just post the same here so that i can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing.I also wanted to know if you are having issues installing other games as well or just swat 4??