Thread: Sims 3 crashing on Windows 7 RC

Sims 3 crashing on Windows 7 RC

I have just set up a new assembled desktop computer at my home. I am using a Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Processor along with 2 GB DDR2 RAM and 300 GB Sata hard disk. I have installed Windows 7 RC(Release Candidate) which I had bought a month ago. Everything was working fine till I installed Sims 3. When I start playing Sims 3 after about a 10 - 15 minutes period it begins to slow down and lag, graphics begin to go very unclear and finally Sims 3 crashes. Then i am not able to play Sims 3 again until I restart my computer. Which graphic card is suitable for games such as Sims 3.

Re: Sims 3 crashing on Windows 7 RC

Try to re-install Sims 3 again. The issue can be because Sims 3 was not installed properly. When I installed Windows Warfare 2 on my HP Compaq desktop I too had the same issue although I had the required graphical support of a nVidia 1 GB graphic card. I then re-installed the game and this worked for me. Make sure that the re-installation of Sims 3 is complete with no errors and delete the existing Sims 3 instance.

Try the GeForce 8800 512 MB nVidia graphic card. I am using this one currently and having no issues with any games yet. The reason for which your Sims 3 seems to be crashing might indeed be your graphic card. Install some other games which has similar requirements to Sims 3 and see if even that game is crashing. If it does I feel you need to install a compatible graphic card to support Sims 3 and other such games.

In my opinion you should re-install Windows 7 RC. This Windows 7 being a RC i.e Release Candidate which is released way before the final version being released to gather the inputs and feedback from the users to improve the final version, there are issues which usually appear in such condition. If the re-installation does not works then try installing Windows 7 RC from another bootable CD.

ashgirpet Guest

Thanks! I really feel that that video is a big improvement to my other video game videos. The other ones seemed to drag on too much both in length and pacing. I think I'm getting closer to the formula I need to achieve for my videos but I still need as much feedbacks as possible to reach that point.

same broblemab, only xp

Quote Originally Posted by borov View Post
    same broblemab, only xp
    You mean to say, you are facing same sims 3 crashing problem on Windows XP? First of all can you tell us your computer specifications? Do you meet the minimum requirement to play the sims game? Have you tried updating your video drivers to the latest? Try to reinstall the game again and let us know your progress.