Thread: Trouble with GTA 4 and Windows 7

blacklist3 Guest

Trouble with GTA 4 and Windows 7

Experts I'm facing a problem i have installed GTA 4 on my system but the games play suck.........i thinks its yielding and FPS of around 2-3.
    My rig:
    Windows 7 ultimate
    Inter Core2Duo E4300 1.8 Ghz
    1.5 GB ram
    120 GB HDD(80 SATA & 40 PATA)
    XFX GeForce 9500GT

I saw GTA 4 running on a lap with 3 gb ram and 256 mb ATI onboard graphics.....?
    but soon i came to know that my buddy who owns a much powerful rig is facing the same prob. we have only one thing in common windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. His GPU is 9800 GT

Re: Trouble with GTA 4 and Windows 7

Try to install the game in compatibility mode. Windows 7 has more issue related to new games and drivers. Though you have a powerful rig but it is also important that your hard ware configuration must be proper. Second thing try to install a graphic emulator in your system. The best I know is OpenGL or any other which you find much powerful.

Re: Trouble with GTA 4 and Windows 7

If you are unable to play the game even after a suited computer system requirements check that the graphic card is properly plugged in. My suggestion would be to re-install the GTA4 game from another disc. As this happened with me with the Sims3 on Windows7 as the disc was faulted the game although installed was not running properly and used to hang or exit unknowingly. I then un-installed the entire game and used another disc to re-install it and it solved my issue. Hope the same works for you also.

blacklist3 Guest

@ Ninja x

I dont think there is a problem with the connection of Graphics card coz i can play all other games like Assassin's Creed, NFS Shift, Crysis war head, Farcry 2 etc with all settings at high except crysis(medium and high). i will try to install open gl though........thanks......