Thread: Half Life 2 Episode 2 weapons problem

Half Life 2 Episode 2 weapons problem

I'm using the downloaded version of HL2, E2. In HL2 im getting a memory error at exactly the same point every time. I am able to scroll through my weapons inventory BUT the last weapon highlighted is not selected. I can find no way to change weapons. Can any one tell me that why i'm facing Half Life 2 Episode 2 weapons problem? Any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Half Life 2 Episode 2 weapons problem

If your using a Radeon graphics card then it could be drivers. My friend had problems loading half-life2 based games after he upgraded his drivers. Installing an earlier version fixed it. This problem is characterized by a sudden massive drop in frame rate when turning corners or moving into new areas of the game.

If you bought the game through steam, you can re-download the game as much as you like? If your copy is legal, then go to stream and update game. I had the same problem. They fixed it with new patch. So download it. You should also get a dedicated video card and add more RAM to your system.

If you're going to redownload to fix something (for a fresh start) make sure you delete all game files left over in steam applications before you do. One option is to turn the detail down to the lowest level until you're past that guy in the corridor, as it seems to be something to do with the dead civilian models. Is there no online help available with HL2 or HL2 EP2 or isnt that the real problem that is bothering you? Are you the type that actually reads the manual that comes with a retailbox or are you just picking on Steam for fun? (by all means go ahead but this weapon selection is something that you could have figured out for yourself easily, however I sympathise with people that actually read manuals so that they can enjoy a game fully).