Thread: GTA4 installation problem with Windows 7

GTA4 installation problem with Windows 7

I have bought the download version of GTA4 from D2D. I initially got an error message to say that the game was not compatible with Windows 7 so used the compatability wizard which at least lets me start the installation process. The problems arrive when the windows installer asks for a disc change? This is the download version!

The installer asks me to confirm the path to presumably disk 2. The path on the windows installer defaults to C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\gtaiv_dd_eu\GTAIV but selecting this path or any other path in the gtaiv_dd_eu folder results in an error message stating 'Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path.'

I have left my system details below in case there is any extra help anyone might suggest based on the specs. Any ideas would be much appreciated as I have wanted to give this game a go for ages!

Windows 7 Home Prem (64 bit)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz
    6GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GT220 1GB Card
    1TB HDD

Re: GTA4 installation problem with Windows 7

The reason can be that the disc is corrupted. Try to install the game using another disk borrowing from your friends. Also check that your disc drive is functioning properly. Insert some other games installation disc or movie disc and check whether they are read properly. I had a similar problem while installing GTA San Andreas as my game disc was corrupted.

unsure Re: GTA4 installation problem with Windows 7

The game was a downloaded purchase NOT a disc. My computer is only a week old, the hard disc, everything else is fully functional. It is crazy that a downloaded product is asking for a disc to be inserted I know, that is the problem i'm trying to get around. I do not know anyone else who has a copy of this game on the PC format. Any other ideas...? I have installed games for windows and rockstar games social club off the msi for the game by running the compatibility wizard. After these are installed the msi continues to install GTA4 but it eventually gets to the point where it keeps asking for a disc to be inserted to complete the installation GRRRRR! I have tried right clicking on everything I can to select compatibility with XP SP2 but that doesn't help either...... I'm at a total loss??????

Re: GTA4 installation problem with Windows 7

If there is problem with compatibility then then its hard to make it work but since it asking to insert disc you can try with virtual image drive. Else just contact D2d another experiment can be some patch that support your driver ...