Thread: Age of Empires III Error "The file d3dx9_25.dll was not found"

Age of Empires III Error "The file d3dx9_25.dll was not found"

Hi, i am new to this community and i realized that its a cool area to get the queries solved. I appreciate all you guys for the same.

I am a Windows Vista user. Two days back i installed Age of Empires III on my same computer. There was no issue while installing the game but after that i run the game to play, my system gave me an error message stating "The file d3dx9_25.dll was not found."

I have never seen this kind of error before. Do you guys have any idea how to fix this error ? Please let me know too.

Re: Age of Empires III Error "The file d3dx9_25.dll was not found"

As you might be knowing that Age of Empires III is a game belongs to Microsoft, it requires DirectX to run the game properly. This issue may occur if the Microsoft DirectX file that is mentioned in the error message is corrupted or is not copied correctly.

So the straight and simple solution for this error is download and then install the latest version of DirectX. Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.

You can also fix this issue by manually copying the D3dx9_25.dll file or the D3dx9_27.dll file from the game's disc itself. To do so, just follow these steps:-

• Insert the disc 1 CD of Age of Empires III
    • Click Start, and then click Documents.
    • Locate and then click Computer.
    • Locate and then click the CD drive.
    • Locate and then click the following folder: CDDrive:\ DirectX9
    • Double-click Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86.cab, right-click d3dx9_25.dll, and then click Copy.
    • Locate one or more of the following folders, depending on the games that are installed on the computer:
      Code:
      Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
    • Right-click the game folder that corresponds to the game that is installed on the computer, and then click Paste.

Thats it. You are done.!!

D3dx9_25.dll issues are caused are most probably caused if there is some kind of problem with the installed Microsoft DirectX on your system. The DirectX end-user installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components. Just install the latest version of directX and the issue will be solved.