Thread: PC Games Crash. Help!!!

PC Games Crash. Help!!!

Hi all. I have trouble playing pc games Alien Stars an Star Defender 4 because they'd always crash with this message :The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to microsoft. However the other games work fine for me such as Alien Shooter and Space Strike. I don't know what is the cause here. I have a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family display driver, version 6.14.10.4609, which I think is the latest. Can anyone here be so kind as to help me fix this problem? A million thanks!!!

Re: PC Games Crash. Help!!!

I think your display card does not handle heavy load of your game resolution thats why you get this problem I suggest you to try to update your display card drivers .If you still get this problem then contact display card's vendor service center.They will help you regarding this problem.

I think this is the problem of the Video card. Its better to contact your video card's manufacturer to get the latest driver update.
    If your are using nvidia video card for your PC Game then use this link for latest driver update.
    -www.nvidia.com

This is for the user having Ati video card
    -www.ati.com

-www.microsoft.com/directx for the letest Directx

If none of this is working then you need to upgarde the OS it may be a problem with your install of the operating system.

You have to download latest direct X as well as update video driver. I think this will solve your problem. There are games which have heavy resolution than other games. At the you have repair your motherboard. Please contact motherboard manufacturer for motherboard.

thank you all for replying. It's odd that I'm not able to install the update
    from Intel, a video card maker because it is not validated for my computer.
    I have to find the updates from my pc manufacturer which is Dell
    but there's no later versions to be found there. The curent version I'm using
    was released years ago in 2006 and Dell doesn't have any newer versions beyond
    that, save for Intel, but my PC says it is not the appropriate device update so the
    installation setup was aborted. What is amiss here? As for Direct X, I'm using
    version 10, still the games wouldn't play. I don't think my OS
    has anything to do with this, because the other games work fine, including the 3D ones.
    I suspect it must be the video/display driver but now I can't get the update to install.
    Any more suggestions? Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by kungfu101; 20-11-2009 at 12:15 PM.

I think you need to remove all ATIs utilities using the remover Tool and download the new Catalyst... But also you need to use mobility modding tool to make them compatible with your computer. Dell don't provides upgrades for your graphics card and also you can not upgrade directly from ATI. Thats why, you need Modding tool.

Thanks Mario, but I'm no compter tech so I don't know what are
    you referring to. Are you talking about ATI, a graphic video card?
    I don't think I have that, mine is rather less advanced. I'm using
    Intel Mobile 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chip. If I don't have ATI,
    then what you're suggesting me to download doesn't apply, right?
    What should I do now?

my computer had xp on it .now it says no programs found.(after it got turned of f & on real fast.) can any thing B done?