Thread: Counter-Strike with many Problems

Counter-Strike with many Problems

I connect to a server and I have a really good ping but when i start playing I walk in slow motion. I do not not whats happening, i'm not lagging but walking in slow motion. Second problem when I'm dead and on I'm free camera view and i cannot change the death cam and so I cannot follow a character when i'm a spectator. What may be the problem? Please help...

Re: Counter-Strike with many Problems

May be your configuration is not proper, When you start the game run these commands in console and see what parameters do they have :
    Code:
    rate
    cl_cmdrate
    cl_updaterate
    Run each command at a time, this will give you a specific value, These values must be as follows for optimum ping rate :
    Code:
    set your rate to : 99999
    cl_cmdrate : 30
    cl_updaterate : 30

Did you check what are the results when you run
    Code:
    net_graph
    ? Try setting it to :
    Code:
    net_graph 1
    Code:
    net_graph 2
    Code:
    net_graph 3
    See if that helps?

Ok, You need to do a registry tweak. Open registry editor and navigate to this location :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\
    On the right hand side there will be a lot of codes type of stuu, check which code has your IP address, Right-click in the right hand window and select add a new DWORD, give its name as TcpAckFrequency, then right click on it and click Modify and change its value to 1. Hope this works...

The above registry tweak will not help CS as it is a TCP settings not a UDP setting. CS works on UDP. Try these commands with different values :

cl_cmdrate
    This command controls the number of packets which are being sent to the game server. This command will allowing you to tweak the bandwidth problems. also try "rate" which will give you a good idea on the usage of cl_cmdrate.

cl_updaterate
    This command is the opposite to the cmdrate and shows what game updates you receive from the game server.