Thread: Crysis reboots on Windows 7 computer

Crysis reboots on Windows 7 computer

I just get a new PC, but a small problem prevents me to enjoy my new config.

My config:
    - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    - Gainward GTX295 Double PCB
    - 6GB of Ram, Corsair XMS3
    - I7 920 + Noctua NH-U12P
    - BeQuiet Pro 850W
    - Samsung SpinPoint f3

I installed on this computer Windows 7 x64 which is running perfectly ok. I also installed Crysis. 1st time I run Crysis, it works great. When I relaunched Crysis, I have videos of the launch of the game, and in the middle it rebooted. If I uninstall and reinstall the game it works the 1st time, but afterwards the same issue. Same for Crysis Warhead. I also installed Colin McRae Dirt which is not to start a race if it's related. I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it's always the same, I even installed the beta version of nvidia drivers released on 30/10/2009, and is always the same. I've tried to pass my PC running Vista x86, but it's the same, but I realized that I was using the same version of graphics driver.

I do not know if the problem is a driver, or component issue. Can you suggest me what is reason behind Crysis rebooting?

Re: Crysis reboots on Windows 7 computer

Even I had similar problem. I had tested my GTX295 graphics card on my pc but no worries. I then thought of testing my power supply, cpu and memory. Tested power supply with OCCT, cpu with OCCT and memtest for memory but didn't found the solution. I then found that my graphics card is holding out for the benchmark run gpu.bat. Its a pal with whom I have tried to solve the problem without success to believe.

Did you saw something horrible in the tests 'validation' components? Did you check the voltage and latency of your memory in the bios by report which is marked on your memory module? Did you overclocked your pc? If it crashes always, try a memtest86 + bootable, the memtest for Windows is downright rotten and even less effective than SuperPi to detect a problem.

Two possibilities:

- The 7th and 8th pin of the 8 pins (next to the 6 pins) are properly inserted/embedded in the bottom?
    - Did you checked with some other power supply to avoid the problems positively on the first (Bequiet)?
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I don't have other power supply for which it could be tested. The bios is original. On cpu-z, memory is running at 1066 instead of 1600. Underclocking the rule should make it even more stable right? Its unstable or below the original frequency?

I even discussed this with my supervisor who troubleshoots PCs and he told me to test with another motherboard to see if the problem is there or not; and test with other RAM sticks also.

We will see how it responds and I will update you all about the same.