Thread: Xbox error "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console"

Xbox error "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console"

I am having a Xbox console that is now almost 4 months old and was working fine till now. From last couple of days, whenever i am trying to play an Xbox 360 disc in my Xbox 360 console, it gives me an error in may languages saying, "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console."

To be frank i am not able to understand what that means. However i am already using it in Xbox console and it says me to play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console. Please help.

Re: Xbox error "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console"

I think the main cause for this problem is because the console cannot read the disc correctly. And this might be because disc is dirty or the disc is damaged and cannot be recognized. So first have a look on the Xbox 360 game disc itself and check whether there is any kind of scratches or flaws on it. Than try again and see. hope the error get solved.

This problem also occurs because of a hardware component is malfunctioning.Follow these steps to try to resolve the problem:-

1. Turn the console off, and then turn the console on again. Try the disc again.
    2. Clean the disc with a soft cloth, and examine the disc for flaws and scratches. Try the disc again.
    3. Try the disc in another console, if another console is available.
    4. Try other game discs to determine whether the problem occurs with all game discs.
    5. If you have a hard disk drive attached, clear the system cache.
    6. If the issue occurs with only one disc, exchange the disc where you made the purchase.

Thanks for sharing these useful tips, mate. I also agree with the 5th point you mentioned, that is clearing the system cache. I was also facing the same problem and i fixed it by clearing the system cache. Here is how to clear the Xbox system cache:-

• Move to the System section of the Xbox Dashboard.
    • Select Memory, and then press the A button.
    • Highlight a storage device.
    • Press the Y button to view the Device Options screen.
    • The Device Options screen is the screen that contains the Rename and Format options.