Thread: Need information on Steam

Need information on Steam

Hi,
    Does anyone is familiar with Steam. I had seen the same at the friends house. It is a kind of game site which helps gamers to play online. I too want to add that up in my system. But before that I want to check that it is safe or not. Does it can cause infection in my system. What are benefits and features offered by it. Is it free or need a monthly subscription. If any one is playing games on it then what is the result of the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need information on Steam

Steam is a kind for online multiplayer game service. It has a wide range of games and the other media which can be accessed entirely over the internet. This makes easy for gamers to get their favorite games. The service is used to provide a wide range of games. You have to download it and it runs in the system tray. It also allows you to buy computer games. Instead getting a disc, or license key just buy the game at one and connect using a Steam Account.

Steam in simple word ins Instant access to the most popular games. It has a full set of Steam library and future game release that you can view at your fingertips. You have to here join Steam Community. You can simply meet any online user and play games. It also offers a chat service. It offers an easy and simple browse to multiplayer game servers. The browser is easy to use. Works on multiple platforms. Enjoy special offers and discount. And it is a paid service.

It is generally a download/update manager which is designed by Valve Corp. Like a plug in on your desktop you can buy Valve's games. The current one I know is Left 4 Dead. Other than this before buying you can play a range for free demos. There are enormous games with non commercial things also. First you will have to download and install Steam from the official site. Then sign up a Steam account.

Steam is Valve's (Half Life, L4D, Portal...) initiative to provide a great platform for developers to easily sell games and for gamers to download games and purchase as well as find servers to play multiplayer games in.

I've been using Steam for 2 years now. It's great for finding and purchasing good games. A few things to keep in mind:
    Steam based games only run when Steam is connected to the net. There's an offline mode but in my experience, it just doesn't work. The steam software keeps its games within it. You can't back it up and play without steam. It helps if you have fast net, because all Steam games are downloaded and takes time. Don't use the beta versions of the client, they're prone to be extremely buggy, at least for me.