Thread: Windows 7 gaming performance

Windows 7 gaming performance

Just made this thread to know the gaming performance of windows 7. I have the windows 7 Rc 64 bit, installed the fallout 3 steam version but working really worst, i gets far better graphics for fallout 3 on my windows xp. on windows 7 i gets the 20 to 25fps for fallout 3 where else on xp i gets about 80fps. i don't know about other games.. I have updated all the drivers . any ideas? how can i improve gaming on windows 7?

Re: Windows 7 gaming performance

What are your system specs? Windows 7 system requirements are more than windows xp, so obviously there would be some difference. I'm also using RC and its not much bad. You must be having issue with drivers . Many gfx manufactures have already releases the different drivers for windows 7.

For gamers who love Windows XP's performance and scalability you find it elsewhere, but Vista with Service Pack 2 and the latest drivers, is a great gaming OS. There’s a lot of incorrect assumptions out there about 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. A good, up to date driver contains performance tweaks and optimizations for the latest software. This includes games and the OS. Both ATI and NVIDIA are using the same unified driver for Vista and Windows 7, but they’re claiming that memory management tweaks implemented in Windows 7 can lead to performance improvements in some situations.

Windows XP can support version DirectX 9c , highest for it. And for Vista its DirectX10. From my experience with Windows 7 with DirectX 11, I would say its lot more faster than DirectX 10, because more work would be offloaded to the GPU. For now you won't be able to play few DirectX 11 games but around first quater of 2010 you'll get more choices for DirectX 11 GPUs . Overall win 7 performs within a few percentage points of Windows XP.