Thread: error message: hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

error message: hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

I like to play Counter Strike on my pc by going online. Yesterday at night I was able to play without any issues, but today in the morning when I started to launch the game and tried to go online, just then I encountered this problematic error message "hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I havent uninstalled it yet thinking that it might be some file issue. So if anyone has any solution then I am a taker. Thank you
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-

Re: error message: hl2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

I think that your .exe might be corrupted so you need to install the game again. Did you try the fix that has worked for some, with moving files from the folder Steam/username/half life l2/bin to the folder Steam/username/half life 2 and did that change anything at all?

Have you updated all your drivers? Have you revalidate files by going in game properties on steam click validate game cache or something like that. Are there any more error messages other than that? In what circumstances does the message appear? Startup? When you reach a certain point in-game?

Here is how I managed to fix this error message. First you will have to go in the path C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YOURUSERNAME\half-life 2 and see if you have your hl2.exe file all by itself. You should also see 3 folders where that hl2.exe file is located. What I did was I opened up the BIN folder and copied everything. Then I just pasted them in the same location as the hl2.exe file that was all by itself. This worked for me and I hope that it will work for you as well.