Thread: Xbox Freezes on NetGear Powerline

Xbox Freezes on NetGear Powerline

Hi,
    I have a Xbox 360 which is connected to my pc by Netgear Power Line Ethernet Adapter. Sometimes while viewing movies the Xbox freezes in the middle. Only after hard boot I can make it work back again. I had checked the network connection everything is proper. I am probably confirmed that it can due to the Ethernet adapter. How to resolve the issue.

Re: Xbox Freezes on NetGear Powerline

If you think that the Ethernet Adapter is causing the trouble then you will have to check it by replacing. NetGear PowerLine is a 85Mbps wall mount HD Ethernet Adapter. It can be due to a faulty hardware also. Just unplug and plug it back again. Then see weather the length between the console and pc is not very long. Check your network settings for the same.

NetGear PowerLine product works much better if they are mounted on wall without any power strip or extension cords. This products have network password and a device password. The password is set by default and cannot be changed. So it necessary to read the user guide before connecting it. This can also be a password conflict. After a disconnection of the unit the entire system needs 5 minutes to refresh the settings. So wait for some time.

There are multiple causes of Xbox Freezing. The best thing is to trouble shoot the same by using a Xbox Repair Guide. Just unplug your gaming console and then wait for some moment. Check out that it not heating up. Install the drivers back again for your Ethernet adapter and Xbox. Resync them and they see weather is freezing or not. If yes then our hardware is faulty.