Thread: Starcraft resolution problem

Starcraft resolution problem

I have installed the Starcraft + Brood War on my pc but facing the resolution problems. I can only play it in 800x600 resolution , and that window too in center and rest of the space around the screen is fully black. Please help me with this. My specs are p4 @ 3.06 Ghz, 2Gb RAM, G31 mobo having thge 256 Nvidia graphics card on board. it plays the game slike fallout 3 without any issue. HELP.

Re: Starcraft resolution problem

Increase resolution 800x600 in a 1024x768 resolution so what you see is the monitor to 1024x768 resolution. Do this somehow make it look better? Sometimes with an image of 800x600 seemed crap, but if you just make the image bigger and put it on the monitor was much better. And its set at 640X480 to make the game fair for pple with slower hardware, when it was released that it.

Starcraft is an old game , I think there should be an .ini or .cfg file that stores the game settings. From that you maybe able to set a custom resolution. Otherwise try this:

Go to control panel -> personalization -> display settings -> advanced settings -> (Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile -> graphics properties -> display settings -> Change screen resolution.

Refer to following threads:

problem in Starcraft
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...es/1080050.htm

Hope this will help.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Starcraft runs in resolution 640x480 (or similar) and does not support wide screen resolutions. Which means, if you use a widescreen monitor, or use a resolution that is a ratio of 4:3 than you will notice some stretching and graphical artifacts.

For Nvidia card try the following:

Right click desktop -> properties -> settings -> advanced -> Geforce -> flat panel display -> use fixed aspect ratio scaling

Now you'll get two black horizontal lines on both sides, but mouse won't go there, so it will be better.