Thread: Play Movies on PS2

Play Movies on PS2

Does PS2 plays DVD movies. I had never tried this but as my DVD is not working so I was just wondering that weather PS2 can play the DVD disc. If yes then how. Just insert the DVD and play it or I will need some different software for this. Does it can play Pirated DVD movies also. And if I view DVD's in it then will it harm my gaming console.

Re: Play Movies on PS2

It is true that all PS2 supports DVD movies. You can use it as your portable player for viewing your favorite DVD movies. But it is also correct that PlayStation are designed for gaming experience and the disc which are used in it are designed only for PS2. The DVD can hurt or damage your DVD lens. If you use it frequently then your lens quality can degrade to some extent.

You can make a DVD play by the following option. Turned ON your PSP and insert a DVD disc. Then turned it off for a while. Now switch back ON and from your joystick press browser. If it says DVD on the screen and just press it. When the menu appears just select play movie and your are done. You can view movies now. Sometime it gives error that it cannot play disc. Because PlayStation gaming console does not support the pirated disc. It will only view branded original disc.

If you have a .avi files with you then this solution can help you out. You will need Sony CD DVD-ROM Generator 1.2 and SMS to run the video file on your PS2. First create a folder in a particular drive and plays all your videos in it. Go to Start > Run > Type Notepad > OK. Type the below code and save the files as system.cnf. Then launch Sony CD DVD ROM Generator 1.2. Create New > DVD ROM Master disc > Click on volume tab and drag the saved file int. In the windows rename SMS Version 2.8 to Boot.elf. Chose export file. Export as iml. Example sms.iml. Launch file and press start button.
    BOOT2 = cdrom0:\BOOT.ELF;1
    VER = 1.00
    VMODE = PAL/NTSC
    Blank Line

Blank Line