Thread: mario galaxy secrets

mario galaxy secrets

I have had my nintendo wii for years and recently I bought a classic game called Mario Galaxy. I am quite enjoying this game playing on my wii, but what bothers me is that there are many hidden ways, secrets which I need to discover in Mario Galaxy? So can anyone suggest me a good huge list of Mario Galaxy Secrets where I can explore the whole world?
    Thanks
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Re: mario galaxy secrets

There are approximately 71 secrets of Super Mario Galaxy:

Know your enemy
    • Stomp near Wigglers to flip them on their backs - it's the funniest thing you'll ever see. Until they flip over and 'kill your ass'.
    • You know that bit at the Melty Molten Galaxy where you buttstomp a switch, then walljump over some jets of smoke? Minimise the danger by jumping out and around the thin wooden wall. You can thank us later.
    • There's an extra life for every 7th Goomba you stomp at Yoshi's Unexpected Appearance.
    • To kill crabs, hop on their backs, then spin attack their behinds.

Tricks of the trade
    • You can stand on the 'edge' of Sea Slide's big halfpipe.
    • A big ice-skating jump can circumnavigate the entire ice ring at Freezeflame...
    • And if you press B, you'll skate backwards.
    • Trouble On The Tower:backflip and spin under the Wiggler-filled planetoid for an alternate route down. Aaaaaah!
    • Push hard left in Deep Dark Galaxy's cannon to reach the yellow platforms.

And many more secrets here.

Watch Super Mario Galaxy's deepest secrets video. Some includes Super-super-super long jumps, Homing butt stomps, etc. Freezing enemies with your best friend? All of these strategies are yours for the taking in Super Mario Galaxy! The spoiler-tastic video above shows off some neat tricks and glitches from Mario's latest 3D outing.

Source: joystiq.com

Starting Boost When Racing Cosmic Mario
    When the countdown timer starts as you are racing Cosmic Mario, hold forward, then as it hits 2, hold down on Z to crouch, and when the race starts hit A right away and you will turn yellow for a few seconds and get a really good boost that will put you way ahead of Cosmic Mario. Check the Super Mario Galaxy game book. Sometimes the answer to your question may simply be spelled out in the basic information that came with the game.